Saturday, October 2, 2010

World Card Making Day Challenges

I thought it would be fun to create a little challenge to get your creative juices flowing for the day. In this post, you'll find three different challenges. You can complete as many of the challenges as you would like. I have a prize for each separate challenge. Please send me a picture of your creation OR send me a comment with the address of where your creation is posted. The first challenge is to create a fall card.

You may either use fall images or fall colors to create your card. It can be Halloween based if you would like. I opted for a simple pumpkin card. I stamped the pumpkin in VersaMark and then daubed the pastels over the versamark to create the central image. If you enter this challenge and your name is selected using a random selector, you'll receive a brand new Cherry Cobbler ink pad...perfect fall or Christmas color :)

The second challenge is to create a card using only colors in the Neutral color family.

I created this card using Basic Black, Crumb Cake, and Basic Black DSP. If you enter this challenge and your name is selected using a random selector, you'll receive a package of 8 1/2 x 11 OR 12 x 12 Whisper White cardstock (your choice)

The third challenge is to create a holiday card.

I had a STRONG desire to use a USU BLUE after the victory over BYU so I used Night of Navy and Basic Gray to create this Christmas card. I can't get a good impression of the Letterpress on the bottom of the Basic Gray. Right now, I'm LOVING using the Letterpress plates without any ink...it's definitely more my style :) After I stamped the greeting and tied the ribbon, I spritzed the entire card with shimmer spray (hence the weird looking splotches.) If you enter this challenge and your name is selected using a random selector, you'll receive a brand new Snowflake punch (it has the whale-tail handle rather than the new style of punch)

All entries must be received by Saturday, October 9, at noon (EST). Winners will be posted that evening, and prizes will be sent/delivered the following week. Happy Stamping, Friends!

No comments: