Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Soot Stamping

Awhile ago, I saw on Barb's blog these cards created using soot stamping.  I knew I had to try it right away!  Here's my first card made with soot stamping...so fun!
To soot stamp you need to use glossy cardstock.  Light a candle and put the glossy side of the cardstock through the flame.  Keep moving it around until the entire paper is soot covered.  Be careful of the edges...blow out quickly if it catches fire :)  Yes, I do know this from experience!  After your cardstock is covered in soot, stamp a clean stamp straight down on the cardstock.  Spray with Kryon clear spray (that's what created the little spots on my cardstock...not sure if all sprays do that, but I kind of like how it looks.)  Let dry and then it's ready to use :)  Order your supplies here.
Cardstock:  Basic Black, Crumb Cake, Glossy Cardstock
Ink:  Basic Black Ink Pad, Crumb Cake Marker
Stamps:  Feeling Sentimental, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Accessories:  Hemp Twine, Big Shot, Needlepoint Border Impressions Folder, Color Spritzer

Here are the new downloads for the day!

No comments: