Monday, December 7, 2009

Treat Plate


A couple weeks ago, I became very intrigued with glass etching. When I realized I could do it very easily with my Big Shot and the Decor Element sheets, I set to work. Aren't these so fun?!?! I thought they would be the perfect gift to give a plate of goodies on for the holidays. So...while my mom was here, we were very busy prepping her Christmas gifts :) I had to teach my clubbers how to do this technique at our last technique night. Everyone loved how their plates turned out. I'll show you different plates the next few days. This plate was created by using the actual letter on the backside of the plate. Order your supplies here.
Accessories: Big Shot, Décor Elements Sheet, Bigz Dies (Serif Essentials Alphabet), Etching Cream, Sponge Brush, Rubber Gloves, Plate

Directions: Sandwich for Big Shot: Standard Cutting Pad, Bigz Dies, Décor elements sheet cut to fit die (if using alpha letter die, color side up), Standard Cutting Pad. Attach décor element to underside of plate (either the image or the reverse image). Put on rubber gloves. Daub on etching cream with a sponge brush over the décor element. Let set for 5 minutes. Wash off etching cream with running water. Peel off décor element and wipe dry.

No comments: