Thursday, April 29, 2010

Dreams with Cracked Glass

This morning as I stamped, I pulled out an oldie but a goodie technique...cracked glass. After stamping the image in Handsome Hunter, I added Apricot Appeal ink with the AquaPainter. I began making layers of Glassy Glaze enamel embossing powder over my stamped image and got my "Sanded" stamp ready to lay on top and inked it with Close to Cocoa. As I applied my last layer, I stamped on the stamp and....

...OBVIOUSLY, the stamp wasn't cleaned well before I put it away...so we have some shade of red rather than Close to Cocoa. Oh well, I decided it added a distressed look as well so I continued on with the card. The cutter kit created the fun edges you see and of course I had to spray some "Gold Glow" smooch spritz on it. I finally tried out the color catch....AWESOME! Now I don't have sparkles all over my desk. Happy Stampin'! Order your supplies here.
Cardstock: Apricot Appeal, Handsome Hunter, Very Vanilla (yes, the first two colors are retiring the end of June)
Ink: Handsome Hunter, Apricot Appeal
Stamps: Dreams du Juor, Sanded
Accessories: Cutter Kit, Glassy Glaze Enamel Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Gold Glow Smooch Spritz, Color Catcher, Apricot Appeal Grosgrain Ribbon, Dimensionals

No comments: