Thursday, September 3, 2009

Happy Birthday Glitter Flower


As I sat down to make my sister's birthday card, I knew I had to do a simple card. My sister is always telling me that she likes simple...so I tried to keep it simple. So I punched the eyelet border punch and then had to punch it on another layer, and then had to add the ribbon. I was going to stop there after I added the greeting but then I remembered this really cool technique I learned from the Technique DVD sold at Memento Mall. I had to give the flower a try...so I created a flower using crystal effects, a reinker, and glitter. Wow!!!! What fun!!! :) You can learn this fun technique at stamp camp this month. Sorry, Amber, that the card wasn't quite as simple as you would prefer but enjoy your day :)

Cardstock: Soft Suede, Whisper White
Stamps: Happy Everything
Ink: Soft Suede pad & reinker
Accessories: Soft Suede Polka Dot Ribbon, Pretties Kit, Crystal Effects, Fine Galaxy Glitter, Pop-up glue dot, Stamp-a-ma-jig

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVED LOVED the card! :) So did Holli and the boys... hee, hee! I thought it was perfect! :)

Candi said...

I love this card! I am going to need to learn this technique. I have never really done much with crystal effects, but I would like to because I like the look it gives.