Saturday, March 7, 2009

Green Sour Cream Container

Today I'll show you how I went from this paper....

to this fun sour cream container...

Start with a piece of light-colored cardstock (I used Very Vanilla) that measures 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". Put some shaving cream on a paper plate. Add about 3-4 drops of 2 different re-inkers. On this project, I used, Kiwi Kiss and Certainly Celery. Stir the shaving cream and the re-inkers lightly (don't mix too much...you want the swirl lines). Push your cardstock on to the shaving cream. Make sure all of the cardstock has touched. Put cardstock on a flat surface and wipe off excess shaving cream. Let it dry a minute or two. Put two strips of sticky strip on one of the 4 1/4" edges and roll together with the other end (somewhat resembles a toilet paper roll at this point). Push together one of the edges and crimp the end with the crimper. Insert a treat into the container. Push the other ends together (opposite direction of the first side) and crimp those ends also. Stamp a tag and attach to one of the crimped ends. Hope you've enjoyed these green projects! Be sure to leave me a comment if you've made your own project from anything I've showed you this week...I would love to see your creations!!! :)

No comments: