Monday, July 30, 2012

Sympathy Card

My heart has been very heavy this past week after having received the news of my great uncle & aunt's son's passing.  Even though he is my mom's cousin, it really hit me hard since he's just a few months older than I am.  I knew I needed to send a card that expressed our sympathies to them and his wife and four precious children.  Here's what I came up with.
I love the effect of sponging in an area using a template cut out with the Big Shot.  I first embossed the tree and the greeting and then sponged on the colors starting with the lightest color first.  Order your supplies here.
Cardstock:  Basic Gray, So Saffron, Whisper White
Ink:  Versamark, Wild Wasabi, So Saffron, More Mustard, Cajun Craze
Stamps:  Lovely as a Tree, Petite Pairs
Accessories:  Sponge, Big Shot, 3 1/2" Circle Die, Black EP, Embossing Gun, Daffodil Delight 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon

Haven't seen the new catalog yet?  Contact me today, and I'll get one your way!

No comments: