Friday, March 19, 2010

Pink and Black Rag Quilt Purse


I'm so excited about this purse. It only took me three hours from start to finish. It probably would have been faster if I was a better with my sewing machine. I bought more material to make another one (need one that has brown in it) so I'll be busy making another one as well. I've decided to use the scraps to make the girls little purses, too :) The part I don't like about sewing is the cutting of the fabric. The Big Shot is AMAZING with cutting fabric...so each of the squares are cut with the scallop square die. Love that the purse is reversible if you want it to be. I added a snap enclosure on the inside of this purse but the next one I think I'll do it so the scallops are in and the finished edge is out. Are you interested in making one? I'm considering offering these as an option for our April stamp camp. If there's enough interest, we could do a class of just purses and have a BIG sewing party :) You don't have to be an seamstress to make these. I don't sew much at all, and I could do it. Order your supplies here.
Accessories: Big Shot, Scallop Square Clear Die, Sewing Machine, Fabric, Batting, Thread, Snap Closure, Iron, Fabric Scissors

No comments: