Thursday, January 29, 2009

Challenge Thursday--Circles

Last night I gave the new circle scissor plus a try! My first tip is to make sure you adhesive down your paper to the glass mat. There is no way you can cut a circle without applying adhesive. I love how smoothly and quickly this circle cutter works. Once you have the adhesive applied, the cutter glides very smoothly.

This was my first attempt at using the circle cutter. I love how easily you can adjust to a size smaller to get perfect mats!!! This is the Level 3 Hostess stamp set Goody-Goody Gumdrops. I stamped the owls and greeting with the stamp-a-ma-jig to be sure they all fit in the circle. I watercolored the images using an Aquapainter and only one color...Going Gray. I love the "sketchy" look of the image.
Card Recipe: CS: Basic Black, Blush Blossom; Ink: Basic Black, Going Gray; Stamps: Goody-Goody Gumdrops; Accessories: Circle Scissor Plus, Black Gingham Ribbon, AquaPainter

My goal (again) for the year is to get more scrapbooking done. I had hoped to complete two pages a day...but that's obviously not going to happen so I'll aim for five a week and then just be extra happy if I get more done a week. This is the first scrapbook page I used the Circle Scissor Plus on. I love the theme of circles on this page. As long as I used the adhesive, it cut perfectly through my pictures and cardstock!
Scrapbook Page Recipe: CS: Pacific Point, Baja Breeze; Ink: Pacific Point classic, Sahara Sand Marker, VersaMarker; Stamps: Jumbo Outline Alphabet; Accessories: Seeing Spots Classy Brass Template, Stylus, Circle Scissor Plus
So...today I challenge you to create a project (card, scrapbook page, 3-D item) that features CIRCLES. Leave me a comment on this post so I can see how much fun you've had with circles :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

JENN, both the card and the page is SUPER cute! I love it!

Hilary said...

The circles are fun