Saturday, October 31, 2009

BOO!


This project has been floating around in my mind for a few weeks. A friend asked to borrow my alpha Big Shot dies so I decided I better cut out these letters before I borrowed them to her. Well, I actually ended up looking through my retired chipboard letters first and found the needed letters for this project. I decided to use retired designer series paper as well for this project. I had planned to use the crystal effects and reinker technique w/ glitter but when I was doing the project, I had an idea to mix in champagne mist shimmer paint with the mixture and see what happened.

The letters are sparkly! For the scallops I wanted to be sure they were good and sturdy so I also cut out a scallop from light cardboard to glue the designer paper to. I really like how this project turned out, and it's a great addition to our front door. I'm already starting to think about ideas for Thanksgiving and Christmas...even New Year's and Valentines...oh, boy, the list goes on...with this same idea :) Can't wait to get back my letter dies so I can play. Happy Halloween!!!
Order your supplies here.
Cardstock: Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black, Creepy Crawly DSP (retired), light cardboard
Ink: Basic Black
Stamps:
Accessories: Big Shot, Scallop Circles #2, Pumpkin Pie Grosgrain Ribbon, Black Gingham Ribbon, Dimensionals, Crystal Effects, Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint, On Board Simon Upper(retired)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is what you were talking about- I LOVE IT!!