Friday, October 2, 2009

Sparkly Pumpkins


Last night at technique night we made shimmer mist. The formula is about 10-12 drops of shimmer paint (we used Champagne Mist) in about 1 oz. of rubbing alcohol. I used a travel-size hairspray bottle to store my mixture. Be sure to shake it up well and spray off your project before spraying your project. I also like to put my project in a box and then spray it with the mist so you don't make everything around you sparkly as well. We added sparkle to the Whisper White CS after stamping the pumpkins. When I was testing out this technique, I sprayed it immediately after stamping, and it smeared. So when I stamped it the second time, I let the ink dry a few minutes before spraying it. It didn't smear the second time.


Order your supplies for this card here.
Cardstock: Basic Black, Only Orange, Whisper White, Night and Day DSP
Ink: Only Orange, Close to Cocoa, Old Olive, Whisper White craft
Stamps: Pumpkin Patch
Accessories: 1" circle punch, dimensional, Designer Label Punch, Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint, Rubbing Alcohol, Fine Mister (this was the travel-sized hairspray bottle)

No comments: