Saturday, December 20, 2008

Countdown until Christmas...5 DAYS!!!

Wow, this week has gone quickly...guess I'll start with Thursday. The girls and I spent the morning running errands. They weren't errands for Christmas but we had to "endure" everyone else that was trying to do Christmas errands. I think I stood in a 10-minute line at each stop. Thursday night was suppose to be family craft night at school...because of some behavior issues we decided to not attend...which made the rest of the night even more interesting to say the least.

Friday morning started off really good with JR being invited to read some of his writing for "Writer's Circle." It was a great morning for him...too bad his teacher lost his original work so he had to write something else the day before.

Most of the week has been spent prepping these (and working on another couple of projects...but I can't show you those just yet):

It's been fun to bake again (see my recipe blog for the recipes of the goodies :). I was also able to sneak in some stamping with the ornaments and the tags. Here's a close up of the tag...but of course I photographed one that got a little smeared...but you get the general idea. Just die cut a top note and fold in half. I stamped the Baroque Motifs flourish in Versamark and then stamped the greeting in white...ta-da...done!

My amazing hubby delivered them with the two girls in tow while I went back to JR's school to help them do "ice cream cone trees." And of course I forgot my camera so no pictures to share from that fun :)

Tonight we finally went to dinner as a family for JR's birthday since Sierra wasn't feeling well the night of his birthday. Then we drove around and looked at Christmas lights and listened to Christmas music. One of my most favorite things to do at Christmas time is drive around seeing Christmas lights...whether the display is small or HUGE, it makes me happy just the same.

I'll probably take a break from blogging for a bit...just to enjoy some time with the family during the holidays (and hopefully sneak a bit of extra sleep since it seems my cough/cold is getting worse...of course, just in time for the holidays!) But you never know, I might post here and there :) Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Have a wonderful Christmas Jenn and hope you get better soon! I am glad to hear we aren't the only house that has been missing out on fun stuff due to "behavior" issues!

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas! Your treats look yummy! :) Love you!