Friday, December 12, 2008

Paper Candy Ornament


Do you remember the hard-tack ribbon candy you had has a kid? Here's the candy re-created with designer paper, pretties kit beads, and cord. Accordian fold a piece of designer paper measuring 12" x 1". Be careful not to make actual folds. Punch through the center of the paper using the crop-a-dile. Add a bit of sticky strip to each end to hold over the first piece. Begin threading the cord through the beads and the paper. My kids are begging to make this ornament. Bet you can't guess what we'll be doing during Christmas break?! :)

3 comments:

Naomi said...

Looks like someone was awake a couple hours earlier than I was! I made some ornaments like this a few years ago with ribbon at an enrichment activity. I still have most of them. Nate found the scissors last year and cut the strings. At least he didn't cut himself, right?

Naomi said...

Okay, I just looked at some times from other posts and I guess 5 AM is pretty common for you! Good for you!

Unknown said...

I love that- It is SUPER cute!