Monday, December 8, 2008

Mommy Moments

After a rather emotional weekend with some friends, I just feel so blessed to have my three children...happy & healthy! Even though some days are a definite struggle, life just wouldn't be life without them. The events of the weekend have brought so many deep emotions back to us that we've lived the past few years...our nephew (Carter), my brother (Brandon), my cousin's baby (Jaxen), and our own miscarriage, as well as, an eptopic pregnancy. Even though each of these life lessons has been difficult, each one has taught us something very important...each child is a child of God and loved just the same. I'm so grateful that because of these experiences we're able to help others who have these types of difficult situations come into their lives.

Last week J.R. completed his goal of running 50 miles before school. Today he received his 50-mile key chain. What a great accomplishment! He hopes to complete another 50 by the end of the school year.


Today is my baby sister's 18th birthday! How blessed I am to have such amazing sisters! Lindsay is a fabulous lady who is smart and has her head on straight. She knows what her goals are, and she's doing EVERYTHING she can to meet those goals. Since we are so far apart in age, you would think we're not very close...but lucky for me, she still loves me just the same and we're just as close! :) Love you, Lindsay-Lou!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! We almost wrote the same things about Lindsay. :) I did mine last night so- I know that I didn't copy you!! :) :)
I hope this week is more "uplifting" and CONGRATS to J.R.!

Unknown said...

Wow - 50 miles! Tell him he can run the half marathon with TJ in a couple of weeks :) Hope everything is ok. Still working on my Christmas cards...or trying to get an idea for Christmas cards that is!

Carrie said...

I have also been reflecting on the blessing of happy healthy kids. It seems like the Holidays are so much harder for some reason. (SO hard that Brandon and Carter left us this month) but like you said gives us the opportunity to help someone else. There are always people who are experiencing the grief that we have been through. Thank you for remembering Jaxen! That means more to me than you would ever know. Love you!

Karalee and Anthony said...

Way to go J.R.! That's awesome. When we were down there over the summer I was amazed at how big and how darling your kids are getting! J.R. was always my favorite in primary...